Snopes Media Group is looking for a seasoned newsletter producer to develop, analyze, and expand our newsletter products at Snopes.
Snopes.com currently offers two newsletters reaching hundreds of thousands of readers, including our free almost-daily Debunker and our bi-monthly members-only Digest. We need help with the growth of these existing newsletters, as well as with developing and launching new newsletters. To support these needs, we’ve created a new position of Newsletter Lead on our Operations Team to provide support by:
- Overseeing the creative and tactical production of newsletters.
- Prepare, schedule, and gather themes for daily newsletter content production and the meetings they may require.
- Distribute and collect assigned creative tasks to create content for newsletters.
- Coordinate editing and approvals of drafts.
- Align featured promotions based on overarching marketing strategy.
- Load and launch campaigns with our newsletter CMS.
- Making and advising on strategic decisions to evolve our newsletters.
- Present and distribute analytic findings with specificity and precision.
- Maintain a style guide for our existing and emerging newsletters.
- Optimize CTAs and conversion opportunities based on performance.
- Consider and respond to reader feedback.
- Advise on process improvements and selecting new tools for newsletter functionality.
- Launch archival strategy to house issues on Snopes.
- Nurturing holistic efforts to grow our newsletter audience.
- Contribute to the promotional strategy of our newsletters.
- Manage landing pages for newsletters and marketing campaigns for them.
- Formalize a process for launching new newsletters.
- Create engagement plans to introduce our newsletters to new markets.
A great candidate has at least 3-5 years of experience with:
- Managing daily newsletter production for a media organization with a national audience.
- Successfully launching newsletter products and growing an audience from scratch.
- Delegating creative assignments and digital project management.
- Copywriting and copyediting with a focus on engagement and marketing best practices.
- Using content management platforms like WordPress, Klavyio, Agorapulse, etc.
- Using data insights tools within those platforms and others like Google Analytics, etc.
- Using office tools like Slack, G-Suite, Atlassian, Coda, etc.
A little about us:
Snopes Media Group has always been a distributed workplace and will be for the foreseeable future. We have employees in four U.S. timezones, and we encourage flexibility in our scheduling practices. We offer extremely competitive benefits (health, dental, 401k, the works), plentiful PTO, and compensation commensurate with experience. Don’t hesitate to ask us for details.